Re: Speed density

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 12:35:25 EST

I think the ultimate would be the Electromotive type system (speed density),
but it wouldn't be legal...does away with the distributor, too! The computer
controls the spark advance as well as the injector pulse width. Their
software still uses a MAP, but the acceptable range is more flexible....
There's nothing wrong with using a MAP sensor, just the software looks for
the signal to be within a certain range... with a wild cam, it's not going
to be in the same range as a stock cam, but the signal is still useful...

because it's not legal (EPA & CARB), nobody will build one that plugs right
into the harness... it would be a custom job...

Gary Shook