Re: RE: 20 Questions (or so)... Attn. Brian

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Sun Nov 29 1998 - 18:34:31 EST

At 08:37 AM 11/29/98 -0800, you wrote:
>> Brian,
>> Just out of quroisity, How is the TB working? Did you get the IAC working?
>> We are getting ready to ship a bunch of these things, some with the air
>> horns intact and some with them removed. Any thoughts at this time? Thanks
>> for the help and thoughts....
>>
>> Frank

Hey Frank

Sorry I haven't said anything about the TB lately. I have been very busy
with school and trying to get a Christmas job.

Anyhow, the TB is working great! I haven't really screwed with the IAC in
awhile. Not to sure why it idles at different rpms sometimes, but it
mostly seems to idle at 600 - 700 rpms. At idle it feels like it has a
missfire. The coil connection is also corroded on the distributer
cap(which is new!). Who makes a brass one and where can I get it????

        As far as that whistling sound I told you about earlier...I haven't heard
it in awhile; either I'm used to it, or taking the K&N off on putting back
on changed something. Maybe that rubber thing between the TB and filter
caused it... Still don't know for sure. I haven't any surging or
anything, so I guess it's not running lean(or whatever Bruce's problem
was). I guess the airflow matches the truck pretty good. Other than that
everything seems to be fine. Does that help??

About the JBA's. The low end torque they provided is gone now. It's not
as bad as that sounds, but I don't have much still. I think the TB is
worth around/prob more than the headers, because it feels a little better
than it was right before I got your TB - when I had just the JBA's. Does
that make sense? Anyhow, it still pulls like crazy above 3000 rpm. What I
have lost on the low end is made up on the top end.

Hope I helped...If you need anything else, just ask!!

Brian