Re: Ticking V6

From: Brian Pearson (bpearson@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 17:37:12 EST

I would also agree that it is the fuel injectors. My truck did not make
any tic at all when I got it, after about 27,000 miles I started to
notice it. I thought that my timing might be off, that was the only
thing that I could think of. After taking my truck in and also seeing
another shop aside from the dealer, they both said to just live with it
and nothing was wrong.

Thanx, Brian
http://www.thepentagon.com/bpearson

At 04:44 PM 11/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear DMLers,
>I hear a small ticking noise in my engine bay. I cant hear it in
traffic
>but i can hear it when its idle'n by the house or at work, I took it to
>the garage (CHRYSLER GARAGE), and they listened to it and told me to
>expect it because its a truck engine....Is that true...the sound was
>there from day one...
>
>Ed
>
>--
>
>98 Dak GTS
>239 Magnum / Auto
>Intense Blue / Xenon Body Kit
>
>Visit My WebPage
>http://www.mopared.com

i think a lot of dakotas do this. I have heard it is the fuel injectors.

scott
97auto v6