Re: Ticking V6

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 21:36:27 EST

I would describe the injector ticking as very light, cannot be heard in the
passenger compartment... a lifter tick is louder, and should be audible in
the passenger compartment... a mechanic's stethascope should help locate the
tick, a cheap version of this is to hold a long screwdriver to your ear,
touching the tip to different places on the engine...
If the sound is almost constant no matter where you put the screwdriver,
then it's a lifter... if it gets louder when you get closer to the injector
bosses, it's the injectors...

Gary Shook