RE: New Bumper

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 07:19:47 EST

Unfortunately, I don't know of any. I got a TJM catalog, and they make
bumpers for Rav4s, CRVs and Sidekicks, but they've apparently never heard of
a Dakota. The only logical explanation I can think of is that this is
because Dakotas aren't sold in Australia, and TJM is too lazy to find out
what's going on with other continents.

I also asked ARB about their bull bar. They have no plans to offer it for
the Dakota.

The best hope I can see is http://custom4x4.jeepin.com/. They make a
good-looking bumper for the Cherokee, but they have the following statement
buried in the fine print: "We specialize in Jeep Cherokee products, but we
also build custom products for other vehicles." Maybe a few of us should
get together and split the cost of having it custom designed.

If you do find one, let me know, because I've been pretty frustrated with
the situation. I have a '95, but my wife drives a '98 4x4. I'd appreciate
finding a good bumper for either.

Thanks,
Jason