RE: Re: 99 R/T transmissions...

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 15:49:13 EST

Gary,
ive got a 98 CC R/T with no leaks (so far). It does have a high freq.
vibration that seems to be going and coming... I cant imagine a vibe so
intense it chowders the rear seal. I suspect bad yokes or seals, yokes
having the longest lead time to correct (speculative example: 50thousand
yokes on the dock, all with .050 undersized diameters, kinda hard to rework,
need a new casting run, machining, and heat treating or whatever = about 6
-8 week lead time (in my industry)) Who knows... All I know is that the
guy behind me was very unhappy and looked at my truck longingly as I pulled
out of the dealer and goosed it into action!
Bruce