RE: Re: 1998 PCM info and R/T heads

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 16:56:46 EST

        As far as the stored mileage in the PCM, I think its only there
for maintenance functions; it does *NOT* control the odo dash display. I
changed the PCM in the Durango to try and isolate a problem (truck would
quit when wet), and the mileage did not change. Just for fun we screwed
around with it at the dealership using the DRBII and the mileage changes
(and VIN changes) had no visable effects.

        FYI, you can go buy a DRB ($4K Canadian) which can set both the
VIN and mileage, so having the "dealer" install it wouldn't really do
anything.

        I'll look at my service manual tonight, but there must be some
additional info in dash unit itself to hold the mileage...

        Craig