Re: 92 suspension-- ball joints & idler arm

From: Corey A Meyer (cameyer@bw.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 18:31:32 EST

        I have an '89 and had to replace some of the ball joints because I
put in some massive coil springs that lifted the front end of my truck up
at least two full inches and in the process had to ruin one of the lower
ball joints. ('89s are hard to do work on due to the fact that usually
other stuff will become affected)
        Anyways, the ball joints need to be pressed, both to get the old
one out and the old one in. Most autoparts stores will do take your arm
and replace them for you for a fee. Right off hand I forget a good price
(the best I got was from a King's)-but no matter what it should beat
buying the press yourself.