Re: Re: Vortech Group Buy... was: Vorteched R/T

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 19:50:49 EST

In a message dated 12/3/98 12:57:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< I think he was just using the standard 6lb pulley. He was also using an
MSD
 ignition retard. Bill, do you remember any of the details? >>

I think the Vortek was a stock unit and he had a adjustable retard setup and
had problems from day one of the SC. He also changed the pistons from the
previous year in a ttempt to curb the head gasket problem, don't know what
they were but he did say he had changed them to try to help. In fact the first
night he came up he had the SC un hooked to get some time on the engine to try
to seat everything before using the SC. The guy was 60 +, a retired Marine
that said he had to spend some of that money the Gov. was giving him. Halled
it in with a SST Ram, may have even been a Indy Ram. It was obvious he had
spent some loot on the setup :-).

We'll have to see if he shows back up in the spring, sure hope so as I never
got to whoop him before he'd blow a gasket :-)

Bill