RE:Lemon Law

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 11:21:05 EST

   Man, sorry to hear about the problems with the truck. I can't speak for
other states but the California Lemon Law is very clear. You must have the
same problem 3 times with the vehicle, or the dealership must be unable to fix
a certain problem, before you can claim it's a lemon. This applies so long as
the first problem occurs within the initial warranty period, even better if
it's within the first year of ownership.
   If you keep having different problems and the dealership is able to fix
them, then you can't claim it's a "lemon" even though it may seem like it.
Most of these problems happen when the production lines get new people put on
them or during 'stressful' times at the manufacturing plants. No automaker is
immune to these kinds of problems and usually if you bitch loud enough, the
automaker will replace the car, give you a bunch of 'compensation', or extend
your warranty (Rare, but I've heard of it).
   I'd start griping to CC and tell them what's up. Give them photocopies of
your service records and bitch and whine. The squeeky wheel gets the grease...

Shaun H.