Re: 360 heads ...was: Vortech Group Buy... was: Vorteched R/T

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 12:42:39 EST

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Bob Tom wrote:

> >Do you know of any heads for our trucks?
> >Would the ones for the older (carburated) 360's work, you can get some of
> >those style from edelbrock and they are aluminum and stuff.
> >Bill
> >'97 SS/T
>
> I haven't come across anyone making heads for the magnum 360. I'm going
> through the SEMA links to see what performance items are available for
> the magnums. I'll let you know if I find anything.

   The only place that I know of who makes "aftermarket" heads is Mopar
Performance, and that's just a standard Magnum head with a port job, for
about $1,000 a pop. But rather than buying those, you'd probably be better off
taking a new set to Dart or Hughes... (Probably be cheaper too.)

   If you get Mopar Performance News, check out the article about SEMA and the
'99 catalog. At the end of the article there's a list of up and coming products,
and one of them is an R/T head. I'm guessing this will be a part of the
Magnum R/T package. There's no info though, so for all I know, they could just
be taking their ported heads and calling them R/T heads...

                                              -Jon-