Re: Re: Why can't we all just get along? & other questions

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 17:35:09 EST

>Sam, Your not a bean counter are you??? Bob

No, but I do look at the $$ aspect of buying a car
pretty thoroughly... Never tell them you are financing
the car... Never tell them what you are willing to pay
a month.. (a give away)... Always know what you can afford
before you go in, and have them commit to a price on the
vehicle... Once that is done, then work the financing
part out... Most all dealerships financial dept. work on
commission. They mark up the bank rates... So if you went
to Wells Fargo, 9.5% advertised new car rate, the dealership
will tack on .5% or more in their offer. The monthly payment
you are willing to make allows them more room to work with on
the financial side.. That's why dealerships would rather you
do the financing through them (most of the time).. They make a
profit on the sale, and the financing.

Sam '95 SLT