Re: Roll top covers

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 18:08:13 EST

Mustang@netunlimited.net writes:

<< Any of you guys out there with the Pace Edwards Roll Top could answer a few
questions for me?
Sure

How was the installation on it?
Very easy! I installed the complete unit myself in about 1 1/2 hours. Used a
drill (they provide the bit), a couple of screw drivers, and an electric
screwdriver (l'm lazy..o.k.)

How was the fit and quality?
The fit was perfect. They include some shims (little pieces of plastic) to
make sure the rails seat against the bed rails. I did not have to use any of
them. Everything mated up perfectly.

Do you recommend it?
I would recommend this unit to anyone. You will pay more for it than other
types of covers, but in my opinion it offers the best combination of looks,
security (I bought the power bolt to go with it. Now my bed locks/unlocks
with my power doors), and functionality (you can still haul stuff in the bed
without having to remove it.). When I was home for Thanksgiving everyone in
my family loved it (all the men in my family drive trucks and so do my sister
and mother). Since then, my father has bought one and my brother-in-law is
getting one for Christmas.

Does it look good?
Tell you what, I will take some pictures of mine this weekend and email them
to whom ever is interested. I think you will like it.

Do you think it's possible to change the color of it? >>

I have no idea...I have a black truck ;-)

Russ
97 318 4X4 CC SLT+
Rhino, Roll Top, Power Bolt
Gibson dual, Mopar Perf headers, 14X3 FABM, Champion Truck plugs