Squeaking brakes

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 23:24:52 EST

<<Has anyone experienced the brakes on their Dakota squeaking when applied? My
99 R/T has 3000k on it and the back left appears to be the culprit. Light
application sets off a squeal that increases in pitch until heavier pressure
is applied. Any ideas?>>

I've experienced a light squeak at times. I suspect that there is
some brake dust in the rear drums. I'll be putting on the Blizzaks
soon and will be checking the drums at the same time.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)