Re: Re: SHARING MY JOY

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Dec 06 1998 - 12:03:05 EST

At 06:58 PM 12/5/98 , you wrote:

>I have a 98 and 99 Dakota Catalog and the mention of the, "Get maximum
>control and stopping power
>with optional four-wheel antilock disc brakes", is in both. This seems
>deceiving. I have a 99 RT and looked into getting these " 4 wheel disc
>brakes", but it seems its the "antilock" that's four-wheel, not the
>disc brakes.

Welcome to the wonderful world of advertising and product promotion, also
known as "How to be deceptive without actually lying." I don't know how
old you are or how much experience you've had with these things, but this
is the way the world works. My advice is to develop a thick coating of
cynicism and assume all advertising is trying to screw you and get your
money (duh). You don't really think your life is going to turn into one big
swing party just because you start shopping at the Gap, do you?

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

If life were fair, Dan Quayle would be making a living
asking, 'Do you want fries with that?'-John Cleese