[Fwd: Re: Squeaking brakes]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Dec 06 1998 - 14:41:18 EST

I had the brake squeal at light pressure too for the first 3-4,000 mi.
but it seems to have decreased. I won't say it has quit, but I don't
hear it as much pulling in the garage, with the windows down the sound
would bounce off the wall amplifying it. 10,500mi. 98 R/T. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

> Has anyone experienced the brakes on their Dakota squeaking when applied?
> My 99 R/T has 3000k on it and the back left appears to be the culprit. Light
>
> > application sets off a squeal that increases in pitch until heavier
> pressure
> > is applied. Any ideas?
> Brake warranty expires at 12,000mi.

My 99 R/T does that also but not all the time. Light pressure may cause the
noise but heavy pressure does not. Mine has done that from day 1. 1600 miles
now and it still does it sometimes. Already inspected the pads and rear
linings, can't see anything wrong from visual inspection. Perhaps we should poll
the DML and see who all may have the problem and just hasn't said anything about
it.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC