[Fwd: Superchargers vs nitrous]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Dec 06 1998 - 14:54:17 EST

Nitrous isn't for everyone, too much stuff to do to run it. Fill a
bottle, arm a switch, rebuild a solenoid, bla, bla. No way can an
average consumer deal with that. S/C is easy to run, especially when the
factory installs, tests, de-bugs, and warranties it. Now, go in the back
yard and look at your stock vehicle and decide which one your gonna use.
Many thousands and no r/d for a SC or many hundreds to go as fast or
faster with N20. But, either way, N20 and SC are both bold moves with a
stock motor designed to crank a whopping 250 hp. Both are froght with
unknown pitfalls and after all the discussions, I'm not sure I want or
need either one. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

If you study auto history you will find superchargers or blowers have been
stock equipment on performance cars since at least the 1930s, maybe even
sooner. Cords, Duesenbergs, Packards, Studebakers, and even Fords (1957)
used them on daily driven production models which ran many miles without
problems. Now I don't know of ANY production cars or trucks which EVER came
with nitrous as a stock option and nitrous is obviously cheaper to install and
use so cost is not the factor in stock production. Give this some thought!
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC