Re: Check engine light

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 14:05:54 EST

There is a company that makes such a unit . It was talked about before and
should be in the archives , but I have no idea when or under what subject .

I remember the thing said that you could use it to remove codes and to
check codes and other performance variables while the thing was actually
running , but you could not change the setings (flash) .

It hooked up to a laptop too .

At 01:33 PM 12/7/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Since those of us with the 97+ Daks cannot easily pull the codes using
>the on/off key method does any one know if it would be possible to rig up
>a cable that would attach to a laptop computer that had some custom software
>that could read the codes? I would be willing to write the software if
>someone knew the format of the data that is used. I'm not sure it would be
>possible but if anyone knows something about it please let me know.
>

>Ed G

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net