RE: check engine light is on after cat back installation

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 16:15:05 EST

>I called em up right after and they gave me bullshit. Saying the light
>comming on is irrelevent and that I should check my oil.
>Its at the dealer right now to see what the code is. I didnt have any luck
>with the 1-2-3 ignition code test thing.

  That's a bummer. :-P If there's weld on the downstream O2
sensor, I'd say its a pretty sure bet that they fried it. Depending on
how committed you are, it might be possible to get them to pay
for any work done at the dealer; maybe small claims court, or
something? I'm surprised at their response; most shops that I know of
would try to fix the problem right away, to avoid getting a bad
reputation... Sounds like this place just doesn't care though. :-(
   Telling them you're part of a 540 member Dakota mailing
list might help... :-)

  Well, good luck with whatever happens!

                                              -Jon-