Wiper blades and interior problems...

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 18:04:17 EST

Hello Digest:

Last Tuesday I was at my local Dodge dealership getting some warranty work
done. While I was waiting, I went over to the parts counter and talked to
the parts guy. I asked him if they had a replacement wiper blade for my '98
Dakota Sport+. He looked in the parts manual and couldn't find any!!! He
said the only listing that he showed from Chrysler was for the arm and/or
the blade assembly. He didn't have a listing just for the blade, and the
assembly cost about $14 each. So, I declined his offer of $10 each (I think
he was embarrassed that he didn't have the part). Does anyone know of a
good replacement wiper blade (model number would be appreciated) for the '98
Dakota? Hopefully it will be a direct replacement for the blade, not
something that is just a cheap generic replacement. My dealership was
fixing a problem with some of the hard vinyl/plastic surfaces in my truck's
interior. I have been noticing little discolored light gray spots in
various places (I have the agate gray interior). The service manager said
that this discoloration was caused by the plastic fasteners on the back side
of the panels "stressing" and causing the color to lighten. He even said
that there was a TSB for it (I didn't have time to ask him for the #). They
fixed one spot by applying heat to the panel. This treatment wouldn't work
for my other spots, so they're replacing them. Anyone else have (or heard
of) this problem? Finally, does anyone make a good, bolt-on rear anti-sway
bar for the 97+ Dakota's? Thanks in advance.

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota Sport+
4X4 CC 5.2L Flame Red
ARE truck lid, JBA headers