Re: Whoops and Spanks

From: David Fishman (fish@chips.Eng.Sun.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 16:17:53 EST

=>Now how come this little truck is so DAMN fast?? It even feels
=>faster than my 1988 5.0l Mustang 5sp. And to think I traded my
=>Ranger in on it for the payload and 4wd capabilities...

I forgot to mention that I installed a K&N cone filter last weekend,
and my little spanks last night were the first times I've opened it
up all the way. Wow...what a great sound! Whether it's faster or
not in reality, it certainly feels and sounds like it. No change to
the sound until you punch it, then a mighty roar. For those interested,
I just bought the generic K&N cone with 3" inlet, used 12" of 3" reinforced
aluminum dryer vent hose, and connected it to the filter with a 3" sewer
coupling. Hooked up to stock snorkel. Looks great, if I do say so myself!

Cheers,
fish

 David Fishman, San Jose, CA
 fish@ihot.com

 97 BMW R1100RT
 99 Dodge Dakota SLT+ 5.2l 4x4

 "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"