Re: Stickers attn. Shaun

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 17:41:40 EST

At 03:44 PM 12/9/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey Shaun,
>
>If i remember correctly, you said Jon was going to modify your decals a
>little?
>
>What's he going to do to them???

  I'm going to ruin them. :-)

  Actually, as it turns out, it looks like I probably won't do anything
to 'em... The tools that I have to work with really bite. (I'm gonna
have to pick up Illustrator one of these days).

   The main thing I wanted to do is to have at least one or two "tame"
choices for decals. (I know of a few people who don't really care for
the ram for various reasons.) Using the graphics Shaun sent me, I can
create one or two simple decals, but I don't have the tools/skill
(pick one) ;-) to alter Shaun's graphics.

  So...

  What will likely happen is I'll throw all the designs up on a web site,
people can choose what they want, and once I get enough responses and a
trend starts to develop, I'll run out a batch, keeping them as cheap as
possible. (by ordering in quantity) So basically, anyone will be able to
get whatever sticker they want, but if the quantities are small, the price
is gonna be higher... I suspect that there will be a sticker or two that
will be the most "popular", so I can safely run off a higher quantity of
those, and custom colors or other decals will be done on an individual
basis, but in groups whenever possible to save you money.

  As far as an "official" DML logo goes, I guess that will either have
to wait until I get some better tools or develop some talent (again,
pick one...) ;-) though I'm leaning toward the circular version myself...

(For an official logo, personally I like the circular version, but I think
the "Smoke 'em" text should be replaced with "Dakota Mailing List" or
"Dakota Mailing List - Est. 1995", something like that...)

   Today is my day off, so except for a short trip out to the exhaust shop
and a break for lunch, I've been working on these things all day. I've only
just now given up on the "modifying" idea so I'm just about to start creating
a couple of "tame" ones now. If I get really lucky, I might even have the
page up tonight or tomorrow; can't promise anything tho. :-)

  I apologize for all the confusion and delays with these stickers,
everyone! (I admit most of it is my fault.) If everything goes according
to plan, hopefully everyone who wants one will have 'em stuck on their truck
within a couple of weeks... I definitely want to get 'em out in time for
the California DML meet, which is some time in January.

                                               -Jon-