RE: gas

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 20:01:49 EST

Yes, it was nice while it lasted. Much better than when it gets up to
around 65 cents per liter.

> The lowest was 46.5 cents a liter for 87 octane ... that's
> about $2.12 a gallon. 87 octane is now 51.5 cents a liter
> ... about $2.35 a gallon.

Per Imperial gallon. Those amounts are $1.76 and $1.95 per US gallon. The
Imperal gallon thing really threw me for a loop when looking at the fuel
efficiency ratings on automobile stickers. They list it in liters used per
100 km, and translate it into miles per gallon since that's what everybody
understands. It took me a while to figure out why cars in Canada got much
better mileage. I didn't realize it was per Imperial gallon (about 1.2 US
gallons).

And those are Canadian dollars, so in US dollars per US gallon it was about
$1.14, and is now up to about $1.27.

Oh, wait, were you trying to scare the US guys out of coming up here? Yes,
he's right, actually it's more like eight bucks a gallon. :-)

> Did someone say they're going to make an electric Dakota?

Haven't heard anything about it. If they could get the batteries up to par,
I think it would be great in a 4x4. I've heard the torque band starts at 0
(yes, zero) RPM.

Jason
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd