wipers

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 23:03:16 EST

" Well, I called my local Dodge dealer today (near where I work),
and asked
the wiper blade question again. The parts guy said that he didn't have
any
in stock either (arrgh!), but could get them in one day and install them

under warranty. I was about to say "go ahead" when he mentioned that
Chrysler makes a "polar blade" for the Dakota/Durango. It's a heavy
duty
thick blade that comes mounted in a special arm assembly. Cost is $9.95

each. I told him to go ahead with the polar blades, and I'll keep my
original set in case I want to go back to the regular blades/refills.
The
part number is WB00PB20AB. I'll let everyone now how they work. I am
from
Ohio, and these blades may help during our sometimes bad winter weather.

Thanks for all of your responses to my previous post! "

I say you should take the original wipers from him under warranty, then
the originals for the spring! Actually, the polar blad is nothing more
than what trico/anco/bosch call a "winter blade." You can get them for
@$7.50 from pep boys or autozone in various lengths. The rubber insert
is stiffer to resist tearing when pushing snow/sluch/ice off. The wiper
blade itself has a rubber "condom" that covers the metal frame of the
blade to keep ice and frozen gook from getting wedged between the frame
sections, causing the blade to lift off the window and streak when
wiping the window. All in all, they work pretty well, but I always take
them off again in the spring.
Patrick