[Fwd: Smaller tires on 99 R/T CCs?]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 13:20:44 EST

Chad, when I went to the dealership to get my headers, I asked the parts
man what an R/T wheel would cost. During the process of looking up the
part #, we discovered a different part # for '98 than for '99.
Apparently thet have gone to a different set of wheels that still appear
the same, but are a different size. This size difference is a '99 thing,
I don't know if you can option the larger ones now, but I bet as long as
you've waited and as patient as you've been under these circumstances,
the dealer could swap them out for '98s. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

     Hi, folks. I saw Bob from Burlingtons post about the 225/55/17 tires
     on the 99 R/Ts and also saw this somewhere else on Carpoint or
     something. From what I can gather, this is either an option or
     standard equipment on the Club Cab R/Ts for 99. Why they would do this
     I have no idea. On the Carpoint site, the R/T package was a little
     cheaper on the CCs because of the smaller tire. The dealer I'm
     ordering from has an early 99 R/T CC on the lot, and it has the larger
     255s, so I really hope that my truck is going to come in with the
     larger ones! Any of the few 99 R/T CC owners have any input to this?

     Chad Niwranski
     future 99 R/T CC
     Abbotsford BC

     P.S. The only info the dealer could give me on my truck is a status of
     BGL, if I remember correctly. He didn't know what this meant
     (suprise). Does anybody else?