RE: RE: Fast Daks

From: Tim S (enigma301@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 02:31:33 EST

I don't know what my Gear ratio is. The cirumfrence is 3.14 inches
larger on the 32's vs 31's. But is that much different than the
Dirrference between 3.55:1 and 3.92:1 gears thats only 42 100th's of a
turn more. My speedo at 60 mph is right on according to a radar gun. My
RPM's at 60 mph are about 1700.

Tim, what are your rear end gears?
32" tires are fairly tall... and if you've got the 3.55 gears, you're
setup
for low highway rpms, not acceleration... I've got 33" tires and the
3.92's
in a 1500 Ram 4x4, and it's pretty doggy off the line... I think I need
at
least 4.10's and maybe 4.56's to really jump off the line... try racing
him
in 4WL... if you don't have the full time 4x case, you'll have to do it
in
the dirt... top speed is only 50 or so, but it gets there in a real
hurry in4L!
Jeep Cherokees are also lighter.. they are unibody, not full-frame
trucks...
Gary Shook
>Well I keep reading about all you guys and gals race you Daks and spank
>every one you come across. This makes me sad, :-( as I own a 97 4x4
dak
>cc with a v8 and 32X11.50 bfgs and I raced a friend of mine. He has A
>mid 90's Jeep cherokee sport with the 4.0 6cyl. Well off the line it
was
>neck and neck. Then then He hit second and jumped a head a little, I
hit
>second but could never catch back up. Needles to say I was very
>dissapointed. I Feel as though I should paint my dak Lemon Yellow.
I'm