RE: RE: FABM and Gas Mileage

From: Tim S (enigma301@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 03:01:16 EST

It is My belief the reason the we get worse gas mileage with The FABM's
and FPIK's is, If you get more Air you will get more gas. This assuming
that the computer recognizes the more air and gives more fuel
accordingly. Now with the LARGE throttle plates and the free'er flowing
air it makes it harder to modulate with the foot feed. I have A mileage
computer in my Dak and if I'm REAL careful I can get the same mileage as
before. On a straight flat road that lasts forever I can get 20 miles
per gallon. But thats not real life. I have a 318 using a 14X3 open
element airfilter with a velocity stack so the air has a straighter shot
down the TB.

Did anybody notice a change in their gas mileage after installing a >
FABM