NV 3500

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 11:56:19 EST

   All it takes is driving that tranny hard and it collapses. It's fine for
street use and light work but you don't want to haul heavy loads with it.
There's a reason why the Automatic transmission is rated for heavier loads
than the manual tranny, it's built stronger and can handle towing better (This
really doesn't apply so much to the Daks but it really applies to the powerful
Rams). The NV transmissions have been consistently DOWNGRADED in hauling
capacity by Dodge in an effort to stem all the problems with them breaking
under load. Dodge should've walked away from these transmissions years ago or
forced NV to fix them, but I guess they've been too busy with their "Rules
have changed" ads to actually change the tranny. Word to the wise, don't push
you're hauling capacity if you have the NV transmission.

Shaun H.
(If you are wondering why I'm so vehiment about this topic, this transmission
has cost my father over $10,000 in repair and replacement bills. Had he known
he was going to have this problem he would've had a better transmission put in
to replace the Getrag that died on him. Don't get me wrong, he loves the
truck and engine, but hates that tranny with a passion that's hard to miss.)