Swap of "crate" 360 into '97 Dakota?...

From: William T. Goldbach (goldbach@tellink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 14:09:50 EST

Guys, I don't have the engine yet. I was just thinking about how nice it
would be to have a "low-tech" 360 in my truck. I don't really like the EFI
and all the pollution stuff on the 5.2L. Based on your replies, it sounds
like there would be a myriad of problems, unless I want to re-wire the whole
truck. -Bill

>Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:57:32 -0800
>From: JT McBride <mcbride@abac.com>
>Subject: Re: DML: Swap of "crate" 360 into '97 Dakota?
>
>Eric writes:
>Bill, I put a 93 5.9 into my 95 dak 5spd but that has the computer stuff on
>it. You're talking of something totally different. The crate motor isnt
>designed to run off of the computer so you would have to eliminate that.
Y=