Re: Differential

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 19:12:42 EST

<< I have a opencase with the 3:55. I want a posi unit. In my Jegs catalog
they
 have Auburn posi units. I was told that on my 98 sport I have a 8 1/4 diff.
 But Jegs only offers 9 1/4 units for Chryslers. Will this fit? Has anyone
 else put in an aftermarket posi unit that is not mopar? I want to keep my
 gear for now to save on money. I am looking to spend about 500. That
 includes the unit and installation. Can anyone suggest a posi unit for a 98
 dak sport for around 300? And were I can get it from?

 Josh

The Mopar posi (or Sure Grip) is a lot cheaper then $300!!!! They cost around
$180, thats what mine was. Works awesome too! I bought it through Westoaks
Chrysler. If you look through the archives, you will find their phone number,
or look in any Mopar magazine for their ad.

Brad