Re: Electric Fan(Hi-Po)

From: Chris lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 15:52:25 EST

I've got an 18" Flex-A-Lite fan on my truck and it dosen't work too well.
As soon as I turn on the AC and the truck heats up the clutch engages and
the fan comes on which is normal. But the fan will not disengage untill I
let the truck cool down at least a few hours and then drive real easy about
10 miles with the AC off. I replaced the clutch and it still does it. The
fan also engages when I'm 4wheeling since I'm not moving fast enough, which
is a real pain in the ass since thats when I'd like to have all the power of
the engine. Its fine now in the winter but next summer I'm going to an
Electric so I can run my AC when its hot and not have to worry about the
damm clutch fan...

Chris
93 V8 CC 4x4