Roll pan/exhaust mod and other ramblings

From: RCPL-VAN CNIWR (RCPL-VAN_CNIWR@van.reid-crowther.com)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 17:50:34 EST

     Hi, all. Jack, I was reading your post about the roll pan with
     Supertrapps out the center and that intrigued me because that is the
     first mod I'm going to do when I get my R/T in. The Street Scene roll
     pan is in, and I will be ordering a pair of rolled edge, slash cut
     Megs tips (instead of 'Trapps) in stainless steel. Should look really
     hot when done!

     I hear you about the spare tire dillema. The most recent issue of
     Mopar Muscle has the SR-71 Dak in it and there is a good shot of the
     underside at the back showing the rearend. They took the spare out to
     fit their exhaust and by the looks of it, I may to. The 50 or so pound
     weight saving will be nice and I'll keep a can of fix-a-flat in the
     truck along with my cell phone. On long trips, I'll throw the spare in
     the back. But, if I can get the pipes in their with the spare, I'll do
     it, because that would be best.

     Hey, I guess that would make me the first R/T owner to have any "body
     mods", or at least the first Canadian one, eh? :O)

     After that the K&N 14x2.75 goes on. I believe I will require a 1/2"
     spacer on the TB to fit the drop-base air cleaner as outlined in the
     Upgrades/FABM section of the DML where somebody puts a FABM on their
     96. It says Edelbrock P/N 8093 is recommended to fit a drop-base 14X3
     air cleaner on.

     Anywazzzz, those are the plans. Then goes in the stereo.......You guys
     will love it!!

     Chad Niwranski
     future 99 R/T CC black/agate
     Abbotsford, BC