Re: Roll pan/exhaust mod and other ramblings

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 21:47:10 EST

The most recent issue of
> Mopar Muscle has the SR-71 Dak in it and there is a good shot of the
> underside at the back showing the rearend. They took the spare out to
> fit their exhaust and by the looks of it, I may to. The 50 or so pound
> weight saving will be nice ...

I thought of that too , but when I raced at Moroso last summer with the
spare and tailgate removed , I think that it helped me lose traction by not
having nearly enough weight over the axle .

I need to get that thing to an exhaust shop .

Only other bad thing about the center mounted dual tips is that if you have
a hidden hitch , you would have to use some kind of extension out of the
hitch and then to the ball so that you don't crush your tips .

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net