Texas meets

From: Jim Karnes (jkarnes@mail2.texnet.net)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 20:39:58 EST

I wouldn't mind coming to some of those. Hey, if I used my 'Cuda to tow my
Ranger up there would I be allowed to come in? hehe

Honestly, I'm hoping to get my turbocharger installed here in a few weeks
and see what I can do to the V6. My Dad and I have been sitting down
comparing things but it's possible to get about 320 hp from that v6 so all I
have to do then is make it hook up. Those hp #'s are realistic but I also
wonder on the integrity of the motor itself. The last turbo Ranger we built
was the 2.3 and we were able to get 18psi from it safely but had to use
forged pistons, ARP bolts on everything and we actually used a 2.0 head on
it that was ported to the max. What sucks is that we never got to see any
good times from it. It ran a 13.9 on 14inch radials and boiled them all the
way. After we tweaked on the suspension we were going to run it again but
the peckerhead we were doing the work for played chicken with a telephone
pole.

Jim