motorcycle in my dak bed

From: Kevin Bonanno (kevin_bonanno@harvard.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 12:14:13 EST

Hey Randy,
        I have a 98 V6 with the short bed and a few times over the summer i had
bikes in my truck. Just get some friends and lift the bike in there front
wheel first. I have a bedliner also and there are cutouts for the tiedowns
so use them with a ratcheting strap front and back. make sure you get it in
there nice and tight. shake it around before you drive it, make sure it
doesnt move around. with the short bed we put the bike in at an angle so
the back wheel was on one side of the truck and front on the other, and we
could close the tailgate no problem. the extra weight was no problem, it
hardly sagged and the the ride was more comfortable because of the weight,
make it a point to find some speed bumps with the bike in there! dont
forget it is a truck, dont worry about your bedliner its there to take
abuse so your bed wont have to ;) ~kevin

I need some help here, please. First of all my name is Randy, I live in
Toronto, Canada (no snow yet!! The Dak Gods are smiling on us Canucks),
I have a 98 Dak Sport CC, with bed liner V6. My friend's motorcycle need
some work and she can't drive it to the shop. How would I go about
putting it in the back of my truck? Or is this not recommended? It only
weighs approx. 350-400lbs. Also, would I damage or crack my bed liner or
would someone recommend a sheet of 1/2 - 3/4 plywood on top of my
bedliner?
Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks,

Randy Drew