Re: Headlight replacement...

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 13:05:13 EST

At 02:37 PM 12/14/98 , you wrote:
>Don't know if this has already been menchoned but those headlights have more
>functionality than just a brighter beam. If you are ever driving at night
and you
>have seen one of these cars comming towards you or they are behind you you
will
>notice that there barely any glare. The main reason that they have put
these type
>of headlights on there cars is a safety reason. Persona;y I think that
they are
>worth however much they cost to restrofit them to any car. The safety alone
>I think
>is worth it. Just my .02

I agree. I saw my first set of these the other night. They are very
distinctive so there will be no doubt about what they are when you see
some. And they are *bright*. At least they appear to be when you are
meeting them. My first thought was, "Man, this is going to be *brutal*. I
bet this is some punk kid trying desperately to impress the little girls
without giving a thought to how it affects anyone else." But as the vehicle
got closer, funny thing was, the lights didn't appear to be getting
significantly brighter. Unlike regular headlights, there was no glare and
the beams seemed to be more tightly focused on the road without throwing
light into oncoming driver's eyes. Like the change from sealed beam to
halogen, I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

Eagles may soar, but weasels
don't get sucked into jet engines.