[Fwd: Re: Re: R/T's & Decals]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 15:31:49 EST

I always thought that the sticker colors were black w/red and set in
stone as to which color sticker you get.. If it was different, the
dealership, body shop, or owner simply removed the stock colored ones
and applied any other stock colored ones, silver, blue, black. They
would probably be peel & stick. Soapy water applied to the painted
surface first makes positioning easier, skweegie out the bubbles and let
it dry real good. Pretty easy to line up if you outlined them before
removal. Just a thought, I can't imagine the assembly line getting
caught up in a bunch of sticker color choices, but then again, maybe the
'99 cc's are being held due to arguements as to which sticker color
looks better with which color.Alan S.

attached mail follows:

Not all R/Ts had red labeling .

I know someone posted on this topic on the R/T Mailing List a while back ,
but I know that I have also seen purple with grey , and I have heard of
yellow with blue . I think you can specify the sticker color .

As for the method of attatchment , it is adhesive , not the kind that you
wet (I think) .

At 12:07 PM 12/15/1998 -0700, you wrote:
> I was just looking at the pics that Jim from the Manger page posted and
>saw this one.
>R/T Pic If not - any other ideas? Ryan K
>'99 R/T RC
Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net