Re: bike in my dak bed

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 17:24:41 EST

The tailgate should hold it unless it is a really big bike .

I had a 94 that I loaded a 17HP Murray mower into and drove it right up on
the tailgate . It fit snugly in the back along with my tool-chest .

The truck still pulled excellent and had no problems and this was a
4-Cylinder !!!

I don't think that a bike will weigh more than a riding mower like that .

At 05:02 PM 12/15/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey Guys,
>
>Thanks for the info. i just have one more question, should I take the
>Tailgate off to load it in? Sorry, for my ignorance, I've never done
>this before. Usually, I only load my mountain bikes or racing bikes in
>it, and i have a bike rack for them. I have cinch straps to tie the
>motorcycle down.
>
>Thanks Again! for all advice.
>
>randy drew
>fonman@ican.net