Re: bike in my dak bed

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 20:15:03 EST

I have loaded my 400 lb quads using the gate, and also my 600 lb street bike...

The tailgate is more than strong enough...

At 05:24 PM 12/15/98 -0500, you wrote:

>The tailgate should hold it unless it is a really big bike .
>
>I had a 94 that I loaded a 17HP Murray mower into and drove it right up on
>the tailgate . It fit snugly in the back along with my tool-chest .
>
>The truck still pulled excellent and had no problems and this was a
>4-Cylinder !!!
>
>I don't think that a bike will weigh more than a riding mower like that .
>

>At 05:02 PM 12/15/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hey Guys,
>>
>>Thanks for the info. i just have one more question, should I take the
>>Tailgate off to load it in? Sorry, for my ignorance, I've never done
>>this before. Usually, I only load my mountain bikes or racing bikes in
>>it, and i have a bike rack for them. I have cinch straps to tie the
>>motorcycle down.
>>
>>Thanks Again! for all advice.
>>
>>randy drew
>>fonman@ican.net
>>

>Jack Hilton
>
>HEMI@charter.net

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!