Re: copper colored Dak

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 18:50:13 EST

Flame-Free repsonse =)

Just my 0.02... I like the slammed look. I plan to slam my dak here this
summer. I'm not a "Scrapin' to be known from coast to coast" or something
guy, but I think that a truck can look good with almost any amount of
mods. I like the big 4x4 just as much as the scrapin' with bags 2WD. Of
course, stock looks great too! Just to stick up for my fellow lowerin'
types: I think it's cool =)

-mike d.
88, V6, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, many mods.

"Horn's broken, watch for finger" =)

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:25:21 -0500 Jack Hilton III <HEMI@charter.net>
writes:
>To take a quote from the "Out Of Control" club's web site :
>
>"TO BE THE SH!T FROM COAST TO COAST, IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO SCRAPES THE
> MOST!! "
>

>What a bunch of terds.
>

>> And come to think of it, I've never understood the need to slam a
>vehicle
>>to the ground either. These people must actually think a truck looks
>
>>good with the tires tucked way up under the fenders. ?!?!???
>> I think it looks butt-ugly. It completely ruins the symetry of the
>
>>vehicle. Oh well, what do I know? They can spend their money on
>paint
>>and hydraulics and airbags; I'll put mine in the engine and keep on
>>spankin' them... ;-)
>>
>> As far as the "rubber band tires" go, I don't know for sure, but I
>>suspect this is a crossover from the sports car arena. I think the
>>general belief is that the shorter the sidewall, the better the
>vehicle
>>will handle through the twisties. I suspect they're going for that
>>look... (And why not? That's all they seem to care about... Looks.
>>Which actually wouldn't be *too* horrible except for the fact that
>>their ideas about what looks good are really whacked! [insert
>>comment about smoking bad crack here]) ;-)
>>
>> -Jon-
>>
>> .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu
>> | Jon Steiger * AOPA, DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA *
>RP-SEL |
>> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.58@93.55), '96 Kolb FireFly 447
> |
>> `--------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/
>---'
>>

>Jack Hilton
>
>HEMI@charter.net

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]