Hella Foggies----> attn: JT

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 18:30:43 EST

I mounted some 550's in my aridam on my 88 and they were too deep. I had
to fabricate brackets and ended up takin' em' off because the brackets
weren't sturdy enough to keep em' from jiggling when I hit bumps. Did you
do this? Any sugg's?

-mike d.
88, V6, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, many mods.

"Horn's broken, watch for finger" =)

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:59:36 -0800 JT McBride <mcbride@abac.com> writes:
>>> the foglights are 55 watters, I'm not sure about headlight numbers
>(I
>>> know mine are BRIGHT.. Hella H4's baby!! ) you can get a halogen
>back-up
>
>I just replaced my well-traveled Bosch fog lights with Hella 550
>series.
>The Hellas have a cleaner pattern, with more light output. Auto Parts
>Club
>has them on sale for $60, I think it was.
>
>You want to mount fog lights down low, so the beam doesn=B4t
>illuminate
>water droplets or snowflakes between your eyes and the road. For
>desert sand dunes, you want white lights mounted up high on a "roll
>bar"
>or more correctly, "light bar".
>
>Jon said:
>> Hey, what you need is one of those "hidden hitch" roll pans...
>Hook
>>up an electric motor to the license plate bracket, and have a big ol'
>>light (or two) mounted behind there! Something subtle like 1.5
>million
>>candlepower... ;-)
>>
>> Sounds like a win-win to me...
>
>Yeah! Maybe an aircraft strobe light... sorta like the flash thingy
>in
>=B4Men in Black=B4.
>
>Jim

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]