Re: MPI Manifold Was: Re: Swap of "crate" 360 into '97 Dakota?

From: Allen Cates (setac@setac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 22:18:20 EST

My manifold was featured in the July 97 issue of Mopar Muscle. I do not
know where the machine work was done, but it was indicated that it was a
modified M-1. According to MP they do not plan on selling them for
ordinary street use.

On the EGR, I cannot tell you about your truck. I have a 93 Ram Charger
with a 360 and the tube is external going from the rear of the intake to
the passenger side exhaust manifold. The M-1 does not have a place for the
EGR. The thermostat housing is in a different position requiring
modifications and you cannot use the same thermostat as used in the
standard EFI manifold. I cannot tell you how it performs because it and
the engine is tied up in a legal matter. I have been told first hand it
works fine in another truck (Dakota) and the truck turns 13.5 in the
quarter with everything else stock. He did not get his manifold the same
place so he says and he works for Chrysler. Is there a secret about these
things?

Allen

Allen