A DML Christmas

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 10:28:26 EST

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send this to all of you. This time of year is always so
special and I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings with the list. I've
written a poem to help me do just that. Don't expect something great - I
don't claim to be a writer.

Christmas Wishes to the DML

I remember the days when I was always so bored.
I remember the days when my heart never soared.
I remember how lovingly my dad's truck I would drive.
One day I'll own one - for this I would strive.

One sunny day, while browsing in a car lot,
I spotted a blue dak, to my heart it called out.
The addiction was started, there was no turning back.
So I needed another - along came "the one in black".

Happiness filled me, but yet something was missing.
Who can I share with, learn from, and who would listen?
Surfing the net, the DML popped up, as the keyboard I touch.
They welcomed me, answered my questions, and taught me so much.

They are family, the bonding will not end.
One member became my true love, another a friend.
With the season upon us, I raise my glass proud and tall.
To you, your families, and your Daks - the very best to you all.

I know, I know.... some of you may think it's sappy, but it comes from my
heart. Christmas seems to be hitting me early. Jason and I are having
Christmas dinner and opening gifts tonight at my mother's place. We'll be
leaving our dog with my mom, our 3 cats with a neighbor, and the Dakota's
locked up while we're spending the holidays with Jason's family. I'm
starting to feel extremely guilty for leaving my mom alone this Christmas.

She truly is completely alone here for the holidays, but she says she'll be
fine. That doesn't lesson the guilt in the least. I guess I'll be calling
her and e-mailing quite frequently. This time of year can be very
depressing when you're all alone. As I consider you all my Dakota family,
if any of you get a chance to send her a Christmas wish on the 24th, I'm
sure it will brighten her day. After all you are all adopted sons and
daughters that she's never known. Her name is Maria Repas and her address
is repas@ican.net I'm sure she's going to kill me for this - oh well!

Please remember to drive safe and sober this holiday. I would like to know
that you're all still here, healthy and happy when we get back to town.

MERRY CHRISTMAS DML

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd