Re: RE: 4-Barrel TB

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 12:09:16 EST

> Heh! Yep, I was thinkin' the same thing, Jack! I wonder what the
>delay is with the manifold??? It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep
>taunting us with the stupid thing... They put it in their catalog in late
>1997, and then its like, "Oh, you can order it in the fall of '98." Fall
>comes... "Oh, wait, just a few weeks more..." A few weeks later... "Never
>mind; you can't order it for another 6 months, but heres this throttle body
>that we never announced we were working on and that nobody has heard of and
>that you can't use for 6 months anyway because you need the manifold, I
guess
>we should have spent that time working on the manifold, eh? Oh well, at
>least we're taking care of the top fuelers!"
>
> :-P
>
>(What, me frustrated? Nah...) ;-)
>
> What we need is a guy on the inside... Hey Eric, do you think you
>could get transferred to the Mopar Performance division and kick a
>little butt? :-)
>
> -Jon-

I thought that when I saw this on the new web site for MP that I almost
laffed myself to death :

"The 1999 Mopar Performance Parts catalog reflects the new attitude
permeating DaimlerChrysler Corporation and Mopar - the acknowledgement that
rapid response to customer demands and proactive
engineering and development of new products are the keys to success both on
and off the track.

We have developed new parts in response to our customers current
requirements and have created additional new products in anticipation of
emerging trends. <snip> "

Rapid response ? Wonder if they must be in that Bizzaro world where up is
down , and down is up . Good is bad and bad is good . Rapid response is
actually going in revers........Do you see a pattern imerging here ?

hehe

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net