Re: thanks to all

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 13:31:08 EST

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Jack Hilton III wrote:

> > I've tossed around the idea of putting some sort of container in
> >the back of my truck and filling it with water. (like maybe a kiddie
> >wading pool, or something along those lines...) I've never tried it
> >though.
> >

> Dude , if you go and put a large amount of liqid back there you run the
> risk of getting in an accident. The liquid will constatly shift and slosh
> around and may possibly spin you out of control .
> Jack Hilton

  Yep, that's probably a good reason not to do that. I didn't actually
say so in my original response, but the idea was that you'd put a tub of
water back there and it would freeze. Then you've got some nice weight back
there, but when spring comes, it just melts, trickles out, and goes
away like magic. :-) (no mess to clean up, no worrying about where to
store the sandbags during the summer...)

  The way I see it, the big problem with this method would be
if the temp became warm enough to melt the liquid in the middle
of winter. That might be a problem...

                                              -Jon-