Re: thanks to all

From: Randy Drew (FonMan@ican.net)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 14:51:11 EST

Jon Steiger wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Jack Hilton III wrote:
>

> > > I've tossed around the idea of putting some sort of container in
> > >the back of my truck and filling it with water. (like maybe a kiddie
> > >wading pool, or something along those lines...) I've never tried it
> > >though.
> > >

> > Dude , if you go and put a large amount of liqid back there you run the
> > risk of getting in an accident. The liquid will constatly shift and slosh
> > around and may possibly spin you out of control .
> > Jack Hilton
> >

> Yep, that's probably a good reason not to do that. I didn't actually
> say so in my original response, but the idea was that you'd put a tub of
> water back there and it would freeze. Then you've got some nice weight back
> there, but when spring comes, it just melts, trickles out, and goes
> away like magic. :-) (no mess to clean up, no worrying about where to
> store the sandbags during the summer...)
>
> The way I see it, the big problem with this method would be
> if the temp became warm enough to melt the liquid in the middle
> of winter. That might be a problem...
>
> -Jon-
>
> .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ----------------------------------------.
> | Jon Steiger * AOPA, DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA * RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.58@93.55), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |
> `--------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'

Hey Jon,

I'll go with the Sand bags because I park in a underground garage at
home and work. Then you'll really hate me if i tell you both of them
have car washes in the undergrounds with hi pressure wands, foaming
brushes, wax (never tried it) and vaccums. $1.00 for 5 mins. =)
AND THAT'S CANADIAN FUNDS!!!!! It would be FREE in American funds.

How many bags though?

Jack,

The bodies would thaw out overnight in my garage. :(
My best friend is a funeral director though?! i'm sure there must be a
few unclaimed ones lying around. I'm sure they must have a "if not
claimed within 30 days" rule. Then first come... ;)

take care, eh!

(Jon, i'll send you a Touque, eh! ;) it's a Canadian thing,eh! you wear
it on you head, eh! ) you'll be converted in no time living that close
to the border and coming to our meets!!) =)

randy
fonman@ican.net
98 dak sport cc V6 black (when i last looked, possibly with canadian
road salt YUCK !!! :(