A few more questions

From: Michael Carlson (titanicman28@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 17:23:49 EST

Hi Again!
I know someone who owns an '89 Dakota with the automatic and V6.
Recently, it has had a starting problem- turn the key and it turns over
fine, but sits and gurgles until you stomp the gas, then it's fine. We
were told it was the injectors, then the fuel sending unit.
Another problem- we had a swtch replaced- I forget which:( Afterward,
the headlights worked fine, but now the interior lights (Dash, climate
control,etc.) won't light up.
Finally, a quick tip. We picked this up from a transmission shop.
Situation- went on a long trip. O/D only worked sporadically. Went to
shop to have serviced. Fortunately it was only the fluid. He also
mentioned that our throttle sensor was set higher than it should have
been. Before, power was very dismal and nonexistent, and mpg was
poor(only 14-16. The former owner told us 30!!!) After the adjust,
power was way up. we hotrodded it, and it shifted so much smoother(over
3200 rpm before the first shift) it was awesome, then we pulled 21mpg.
Well, that's it for now.
Michael C.