RE: RE: fuel pressure measurements

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 12:34:49 EST

Jon,
Yes the Schrader style valve will allow you to check the FP. Under hood
checking Guage prices vary depending on quality. For non FI cars you can
use the pos pressure scale on a cheapo vacuum guage. FI cars are a much
higher pressure. Prices for the HP FI guages run from around 15.00 to
100.00 depending. You can even use a tire pressure guage if your willing to
toss it after it craps out (some dont though...) Putting a guage inside the
cab is a lot different and I wouldnt think about it unless I had a good
"tansducer" or isolator. I Dont want a 40+PSI stream of gas in my cab thank
you very much....There were a few posts about this a while ago and someone
bagged the accel isolators. Any other isolator out there? Im thinking an
electronic sender (0-100psi) from the Omega catalogue with a digital read
out (about $200.00 but very reliable) for in-cab mount....just attach the
sender to the schrader port, run the wires and viola!
BKB