Re: Re: MP SBEC, bad pinging problem, please help!

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 19:47:46 EST

In a message dated 12/18/98 6:01:54 PM Central Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< My gut feeling is that you've got an underlying problem there
somewhere...
 It seems strange to me that you're getting pinging with the headers AND the
 180 degree t-stat. What kind of gas do you use? Have you tried switching
 gas stations?

Jon,
        I run 93 octane Exxon, Shell, or occasionally Chevron gas (at various
places). I've used 93 in the truck since I got it last February. I always get
gas at new looking stations to avoid any problems. I agree this is strange,
especially considering that most people just slap in the 180 t-stat and this
seems to eleminate most if not all of the detonation. I got the headers first
as a prelude to the SBEC just so that I hopefully wouldn't have to deal with
this problem. So much for that idea.

Thanks for the input.

Jeff