Re: K&N Filter stuff, kinda long

From: James Atkinson (destroyer872@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 07:30:03 EST

Are you referring to silicone,the polymer or silica, the mineral? There
seems to be some confusion on the part of some , they use the two words
interchangeably. I can't understand the worry about silicone. We had the
oil analyzed on all our fire apparatus, and silicone was never even
tested for. We did have it tested for silica, which would occur as air
borne particles.The lab that did our testing said , the little bit of
silica present in the samples was harmless. The main areas of concern
were acids and metals. My $.02

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/CGI-BIN/dml.html